Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fix my fried GPS?

So basically, I attempted to hardwire my gps (Magellan) to my car a while back. Someone told me they successfully hardwired their GPS (Magellan) to their car by just snipping of the end and running it to the car battery.



I did just that and once I connected my gps to the plug, the screen went crazy and shut off. It doesn't turn on at all and I'm assuming I fried my gps. I contacted Magellan, and followed their directions but I still have failed to turn it back on.





So basically, can it be fixed? or is it worth it to fix?



Its a Magellan Roadmate 1200 that I got from CC during Black Friday for $125.





-ThanksFix my fried GPS?
For something like this you will probably have to send it back to the factory. You will probably need to call them and get a return authorization number. They should tell you if it's worth repairing or if it would be cheaper to buy a new unit.
  • professor layton
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment