Monday, January 30, 2012

HorsePower for 1998 GMC?

Hi,

I have a 1998 Gmc truck with the 5.7 vortec. I know stock hp is about 260? But I also have a K%26amp;N FIPK and flowmaster cat back and superchips power programmer with the 91 octane option on, and I downloaded the program with my other modifctions listed.... How much Hp does anyone think I can be getting real world? I have just been wondering....



Thanks!HorsePower for 1998 GMC?
I would take to the Superchip people, the cat back may sound better, but of little real horsepower. I have done dyno tests with the air flilter on and off. There is LITTLE difference with the low restriction filters and some sites worry that they DO NOT filter as well. Now, if your current air filter is dirty then yes, there is a difference, but it would have been cheaper to change the standard filter. Did you change the air inlet system and MADE sure you are getting cool air. Some of these conversions bring in heated under hood air and you loose ANY possible gain due to hot air.
  • superchips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment