Friday, January 27, 2012

Superchips or Diablo on 07 5.9l Cummins?

I just put on a 2" coil spacer and some 315s and I want to add a little power to compensate. Well, I want to add a ton of power but I just cant afford it now! lol



Anyway, I am thinking the superchips 3805 **or** the diablo sport... I need to be able to adjust the tire size and I can''''t pay more than $350, so that takes the smarty **or** edge out of the picture (for now!). All I have on the truck now is a AFE intake and I removed the muffler. No guages, but I will get them in soon.



So, which would you recommend? Ive heard bad things and good things about both. Im not looking for extreme power yet.. probably stay in the towing mode until I can do some work on the tranny. Which is more reliable and will cause less problems?



Oh and its going on a 07 Ram 3500 w/ 5.9l Cummins



Thanks



SamSuperchips or Diablo on 07 5.9l Cummins?
Banks products are far from the best that you can buy for your truck. They make decent products, but they aren't the end all of parts. Their tuning also leaves a lot to be desired for most owners.

Also, you're not off by 8-10mph at 60 with those tires. It's more like 4 or 5 or so at 60. I had 35" tires on an 03 and the Bully Dog Outlook Monitor on it displayed corrected speed.

Your best bet it to just wait and save your money for the Smarty. Once you buy something like the superchips (terrible) or the diablo (decent) when you eventually have money for the Smarty and go to sell whatever you have you will not get very much for it. The less known/lower powered stuff often resells for much, much lower than the price paid for it new.

Realistically anything over 75-80 over stock on a 48re trans is putting you on borrowed time. Save your money! It's cheaper in the long run!

Oh, and sign up for a diesel forum which I'll list below. You can get good prices on products from vendors as a member, and it's a much better place than yahoo answers for info.Superchips or Diablo on 07 5.9l Cummins?
Check Banks Products( Banks Turbo) as they are the best I have found. The best engineered and customer service. They might be a little higher but like everything else you get what you pay for.........mdSuperchips or Diablo on 07 5.9l Cummins?
I have 2004.5 3500 SWB with the 5.9 I used a Quadzilla 100 Hp 3 settings but leave it on 100hp all the time even towing 10.000 lb car hauler module is 4yrs old have 2 trucks it works great with 40 lbs boost %26gt; And they will work with you direct%26gt; if you chip it or reprogram the computer than your warranty could be voided%26gt; Over 100 HP the trans will have issues%26gt; also have 315 BFG your speedo is slow 8 to10 mph at 60 mph%26gt; If it's important for you to change tire ratio%26gt; I didn't bother as I heard they can't go that far out on tire size%26gt;I kept the stock muffler and lost the cat%26gt;sounds great with out to much drone%26gt;%26gt;

No comments:

Post a Comment