Friday, January 27, 2012

My 96 powerstroke has a rough idle, it has a straight pipe exhaust....?

I put the K%26amp;N air intake on, Superchips, and 4 inch straight pipe, the truck runs and pulls fine, just the idle is off. It never dies, just rough sounding. I do about 3 mpg better with it set up like this. Was wondering if putting a muffler would help create a little back pressure, in turn, making it idle better?My 96 powerstroke has a rough idle, it has a straight pipe exhaust....?
take it to a mechanic that specializes in Ford Power Stroke and have him do a diagnostic on your injectors. sounds like you could have a weak one or even a bad one. also it could be in your valve cover gaskets, they have wires running threw them and its common for a wire to break causing your injectors to misfire.My 96 powerstroke has a rough idle, it has a straight pipe exhaust....?
try cleaning the IAC valve

No comments:

Post a Comment