Monday, January 30, 2012

I have a 2002 gmc sierra 5.3L, whipple supercharger, k&n intake, throttle body spacer,shift kit, lower gear?

ratios in the differential, and a superchips programmer. this weekend i was challenged to a race with an old school chevy. i dont know what it has but if it were to fixed up as they say it is what are the chances of it having something to tear my *** up on? He wants to race for $2500. i know my truck runs but i dont knowmuch about the old school. he doesnt have a supercharger i know that and neither does he know i have one either but what are the odds.I have a 2002 gmc sierra 5.3L, whipple supercharger, k%26amp;n intake, throttle body spacer,shift kit, lower gear?
Well you need to know what size engine he is running to begin with, he may not have a supercharger but he may have NOS. You didn't state if you had opened up your engine, but what if he shaved his heads, went with a hot cam, pop-up pistons, double pumper carb. Most of this would put a serious hurt to your truck if all you have is what you stated. I don't know about you but if I was betting $2500 dollars I would first find out what the old chevy had under the hood. My 2 cents.I have a 2002 gmc sierra 5.3L, whipple supercharger, k%26amp;n intake, throttle body spacer,shift kit, lower gear?
cack off those old cars have a lot of power. had one done that. Won alot of money race careful wtch out whats under the hood man.and also how far arfe you racing,makes a difference I once had a 6 popper thatv beat alot of 350's and 400's. It's all about how you have it set up.I have a 2002 gmc sierra 5.3L, whipple supercharger, k%26amp;n intake, throttle body spacer,shift kit, lower gear?
On one hand (and I think this is your best bet, personally) Don't be impulsive or foolish. Did you really build the truck up to blow it apart in a race and/or lose $2500 bucks? Just be happy that you have a great ride.

On the other hand: If you did build the truck to race, is this everything you have done? Ask around to see if this other car has been a sleeper in the local scene or wherever it is from. I bet he's got this thing dialed in really well and I think you sound somewhat unsure about your own ride. You know what to do, that is NOT to do, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment