Monday, February 13, 2012

How Much would it run for me to have a different transmission swapped into my 93 Mustang LX 2.3 L Auto?

Ok, so my transmission is slipping @ 15 mph and 25 mph and doesnt like to accelerate while going uphill, so I wanted to get another transmission swaped into my mustang, our local scrap yard has:



1989

Transmission

Ford Mustang

LX,2.3,ATOD,Cruise,F loor

197,152 A

041178

$350

Bert's Auto Salvage LLC USA-OR(Hermiston) E-mail 1-800-854-1455



...........



Anyway, My question is: how much should i expect to pay to have that trans swapped into my car, and is that a good deal on that transmission?



Thanx a ton,



Joshua S. PowellHow Much would it run for me to have a different transmission swapped into my 93 Mustang LX 2.3 L Auto?
it shouldn't be more than $500 for a direct replacement, but call a tranny shop to be sure..How Much would it run for me to have a different transmission swapped into my 93 Mustang LX 2.3 L Auto?
That's not a bad price for the transmission (if it works), also see if the junkyard has a warranty on the tranny (some do!). Do you know your tranny is failing? sometimes a new transmission filter (for an automatic) and a transmission flush and fluid change (not filtering your current fluid but NEW fluid) solves many a problem! Depending on the shop you go to, you could pay around $1000 to have it swapped out (could be more or less depending on the shop)

No comments:

Post a Comment