Monday, February 13, 2012

Is there a book out there that can help me identify junk cars abandoned on my fathers property?

There are at least 100 antique salvage autos that have been on my fathers property for as long as I can remember. I would like to be able to identify some of them by make,model,and year if possible but dont really know the first place to turn for help with that. They are all in pretty rough shape but I think I could identify most all of them if I had some type of pictorial yearbook of manufacturers makes and models throughout the years. Thank you for your help!Is there a book out there that can help me identify junk cars abandoned on my fathers property?
I think an auto appraiser would be an unnecessary expense you could easily avoid. My best advice would be to find a friend who's a gearhead. Bring him out to your dad's place and see what he can identify. Any gearhead who's into old cars can identify your normal, run of the mill cars for you. If you've got something obscure out there, that may take a little investigating, but I'm sure a friend could easily point you out in the right direction.Is there a book out there that can help me identify junk cars abandoned on my fathers property?
You can look at the cars on ebay and maybe get an idea. Are there any nameplates on them? I can ID a lot of them if I had picsIs there a book out there that can help me identify junk cars abandoned on my fathers property?
With that many cars I would seek the help of a professional auto appraiser. You're just never going to be able to identify them all properly by just comparing them to pictures. Body styles sometimes have very subtle changes and sometimes manufacturers release enhanced editions, kind of like the eddie bower and such that you see now, that have the exact same outer body but maybe a different engine or brakes, gear set etc.
  • mercedes benz usa
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment