Thursday, February 16, 2012

Is this a scam? Yahoo Finance?

Okay so I was on Edmunds.com(a website where you can find cars being sold near you) and I found a Mercedes-Benz for $4,750. Its a 2007 and I know it sounds wayyyy too good to be truee. I texted the number and it was a fake, so i emailed asking about it and i then he/she replied:



"I'm sorry for this late answer but I'm working for the US airlines I'm taking classes for a month to improve my work in United Kingdom.The final price for this 2007 Mercedes-Benz E350 is $4,750.This Audi has 71,000 original miles on it and Will come with clear title and all the documents. The car is in perfect condition with no damage on it. Due my work I would prefer to use Yahoo Finance for this transaction.In order to have the transaction started I will need your full name and address where you want the car to be shipped.If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me and I will answer when my schedule will allow me."



I replied to the email by saying:

"So everything will be done over the internet? I would like to check out the car in person though. The website stated that your in Pomona, which is fairly close to me. I can wait until you come back then, so I could check it out and actually do the transaction in person. It's not for any specific reason, just based on the fact that it makes me uneasy over the internet. But thank youu(:

My number is ### ### #### for when you come back, please and thank you(:"



then i talked to my mom(im getting my first car) and i sent another message saying:

"Okay, so I've thought about doing it through Yahoo Finance, but I've never done any transactions through the internet. I've heard so much about online transactions through the internet being scams, so I would not like to fall into another one of those schemes. If I do decide to do it through the internet with you, how is it going to happen?"



and right now he/she replied:

"Hello,

I am sorry but the pick up and the test drive are not available because I am not in the country.As I told you in my first e-mail, I am in United Kingdom. Before leaving I had prearranged the deal with Yahoo Finance so my presence isn't necessary. The car is at the shipping company in USA, ready to be delivered. The shipping cost is included in the total price of the car! You have 5 days to test it and inspect the car.So if you want to make this deal I need the following details from you:full name and address,shipping address,phone #

After I will have all this details I will forward them to Yahoo Finance and I will proceed the order. Yahoo Finance will contact you with all the details that you need to complete this deal and also to see that I am covered by them and that I am legit seller. Waiting your email with the requested details.

Thank you"







I havent replied yet, buttt.



Is this a scam!????!!!Is this a scam? Yahoo Finance?
For detail please visit:



http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/finance鈥?/a>



Rest here is your answer



Yahoo! Finance does NOT offer any of the following services:



* The ability to pay bills directly through Yahoo! (Our Billpay service was discontinued in July of 2007)

* Provide wire transfer or escrow services.

* Act as an intermediary for online or other transactions.

* Serve as a transaction guarantee service.



Note: If you have had any correspondence with someone claiming that Yahoo! does, in fact, provide some of the services listed above, please see the following resources where such fraud can be reported.



If you think you may be a victim of fraud, you may contact the Internet Fraud Complaint Center, your local postal inspector and/or the Federal Trade Commission at:



* Internet Crime Complaint Center

* United States Postal Inspection Services

* Federal Trade Commission



It may also be appropriate to contact your local law enforcement officials (through a non-emergency number.)



More information on fraud can be found at National Internet Fraud Watch Information Center.



Here is the list of services that Yahoo! Finance offers:



* The ability to keep track of stock portfolio through My Portfolios.

* The ability to track a transactional portfolio or $Cashline through My Portfolios.

* The ability to watch a specific stock or security on a real-time basis.

* Access to lots of financial information through our many financial partners.

* Through our Yahoo! Finance Real-Time Quotes subscription service, you can have access to MarketTracker and other Yahoo! Premium services.

* Provide Personal Finance tools such as calculators, expert opinion, and a financial glossary.

* Provide information and quotes for foreign markets.





In the event you are in need of assistance with financial terminology, please see Yahoo!'s financial glossary.Is this a scam? Yahoo Finance?
SCAM - Yahoo offers NO such service. Yahoo Finance reports on stocks and financial news, they DO NOT handle payments



Just look at the Yahoo Finance page - if they offered any such services don't you think it would be right there on the homepage? http://finance.yahoo.com/



NEVER EVER EVER EVER agree to buy any car that you cannot see in person, test drive, and verify the seller's driver's license is the same name as on the title for ANY reason. Either there is NO car, like in this case (it's a Nigerian scam to steal $4750 with NO way to get it back) or it's a thief reselling a stolen car, and when you go to register it, your car is confiscated and you are investigated as that car was reported stolen - and again you have no way to get your money back as you have NO idea who the person was who sold you the car since you didn't check their IDIs this a scam? Yahoo Finance?
Yes its a scam and a bad one at that. Yahoo Finance is only so you can track the performance of the stocks. I used it to communicate with my broker but it isnt possible to make transactions on it. Never agree to buy anything that you cant see or touch in person. It was good of you to ask someone about this before going through with it. I would suggest getting a small compact car that is cheap on gas and insurance for your first car rather then something like a Mercedes that is a pain on your wallet if it breaks down. Look on Auto trader or a website like that and you will find a good deal, also avoid dealers as that is a whole scam in itself. Good Luck!!
It's a scam,



Please read this forum http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewfor鈥?/a>



The giveaway line in your emails from this person is "Due my work I would prefer to use Yahoo Finance for this transaction."



If you google this sentence, it has 31,000 results, all related to scams.



Plus the rest of the email is standard scam script.



There is no Yahoo Finance, just a fake website set up by the lads to fool people.



Please ignore and don't bother answering any more emails from this person, you will lose your money.



If you can't find a vehicle close to you, with a physical address, and actually see and touch it, and meet face to face, it will be a scam.



Good luck.



John Delaney

No comments:

Post a Comment