Thursday, February 16, 2012

Salvage Car Question

My dad recently bought a salvage car at an auto auction. He fixed it up and set an appointment at the state patrol for vehicle inspection in order to get license plates for the vehicle. I wanted to drive the car before the inspection, so I was wondering if I could get a temporary license or trip permit for my salvage title car until the inspection appointment? Salvage Car Question
You'll need to check with your local DMV, most will allow a 'binder' of sorts for you to get to the inspection. They normally won't allow it to be driven for personal use until the inspection is completed. Salvage Car Question
yes....in fact you have to get one to drive it to the inspection site.



Salvage Car Question
A temp. moving permit can be issued by the DMV, but they are not valid for driving just to be driving. They are for taking a vehicle to be repaired, inspected, licensed, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment