Monday, February 13, 2012

I am going to have my water tested, but what tests should I include?

I live 500 feet from an auto salvage yard and I'm going to have my water tested to make sure the yard isn't contaminating my well. What should I have my water tested for?I am going to have my water tested, but what tests should I include?
Lead,nitrates,%26amp; pH
You can ask the testing facility what tests they reccomend. Explain your concerns living so close to an auto-salvage yard. I see your main concerns are the vast chemicals used in automobiles: motor oil, fuel, hydraulic fluids, solvents, and anti-freeze. I would ask them to test for the widest spectrum of contaminates. Make sure they test for heavy metals, chemicals, and bio-contaminates.I am going to have my water tested, but what tests should I include?
You might want to have your soil tested too........on the side of your house that faces that salvage yard, put a fan in your window facing (inward) that way it draws in air into the house......after about a week collect a good sample of the dirt that has accumulated on the fan and screen......get it tested too to see what is blowing your way in the wind from that place.....those places are notorious for draining the radiators and oil from cars straight onto the ground......this blows away in the wind after it dries just like the dirt......see what your breathing in on a daily basis.....and what coats your house mixed with dust .......high lead levels are soooo dangerous....
the water testing people will know, but what you are concerned about is metals...lead, copper, aluminum, iron......and especially whats known as Volatile Organic Compounds....VOCs.......which is all the really bad chemicals that are leaching out of the dead cars and into your water.....I am going to have my water tested, but what tests should I include?
you spin me right round baby right round like a record baby
hmmm i dont kno...sorry, wish i could help :(

No comments:

Post a Comment